Testing Kiosks Remote Proctoring
Prior to the implementation of PSI Testing Kiosks Remote Proctoring solution, the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) was offering candidates about five testing locations spread throughout the state. Additionally these five centers were limited by dates of availability. Upon implementation of PSI Testing Kiosks, the IDFPR was able to triple the number of testing locations in the state of Illinois and surrounding areas, thus providing additional flexibility and convenience to candidates. The self-service Testing Kiosk has significantly improved the accessibility for testing candidates while increasing satisfaction. Candidates who used to have to travel over an hour to take their exams can now find a kiosk conveniently located near their home or school. This has been especially beneficial to candidates who live in communities far from urban areas.
PSI Testing Kiosks Remote Proctoring solution fits perfectly into (IDFPR) candidate testing solutions. PSI partnered with the IDFPR testing program to provide candidates with a highly secure, easily accessible test “anywhere anytime” option. Our service connects the candidate to a real person who they can see and hear. This person will walk the candidate through the exam process and help them if they run into any problems.
PSI Testing Kiosks offer candidates a convenient scheduling and testing experience, while maintaining consistent and highly secure delivery standards. The kiosk is fully locked down and ensures the integrity of each testing session by authenticating candidate identity, protecting exam content, and offering real-time, quality proctoring through a high-resolution video and audio system. Testing Kiosks are deployed to partner sites worldwide. Services are offered 24/7/365.
Recently PSI received the patent (http://1.usa.gov/1DllVs1) from the United States Patent and Trademark Office for Testing Kiosk used to securely deliver and remotely proctor high to mid stakes certification exams. (Apparatus and System for and Method of Registration, Admission and Testing of a Candidate. Innovative Exam, LLC. Patent 8963685.- 24 Feb. 2015.)
PSI services seamlessly integrate with a variety of test engines and learning management system platforms. Tests don’t have to be ported into a different format and PSI can remotely proctor your performance-based tests – allowing test proficiency in third party applications easily and cost effectively. This solution offers Certification Organizations the widest reach, while offering examinees the highest convenience and flexibility. PSI PSI extends the reach of your IT testing program by bringing the exam closer to the examinee.
RESULTS and BENEFITS
- Increase Program’s Global Reach: Penetrate new consumer markets; increase organization/brand/certification awareness.
- Improve Candidates’ Testing Experience: Eliminate travel to testing centers, allow candidates to choose a convenient date and testing time as PSI’s Testing Kiosks Remote Proctoring solution is offered 24/7/365 (with exception of reasonable downtime).
- Choice in Assessment Offering: Organization has several assessment styles to choose from: multiple-choice (MC), performance-based (PB), or a hybrid of both (HYB).
- Increase In Overall Assessment: Higher revenue for the Certification Organization.
- Real-time desktop monitoring protects content and offers fraud prevention.
- Provides testing candidate identity authentication using one of the following options:
- Single Sign-on Integration – uses client’s previously obtained individual identity assets from an established data system (e.g., photo, log-in credentials).
- Online Identity Verification – uses identity assets from established social media accounts (e.g., LinkedIn).
- Exam Content is encrypted and can be stored on our secure servers or on the Certification Organization’s platform, which we can easily plug into simply using APIs.
- No third party software installation is necessary; testing portal is launched directly within any modern browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox).
- Proctors do not become Testing Candidates’ System Administrators; proctors only have access to the browser screen.
- Proctors do not have access to content; items are blurred on all PSI monitoring systems.
- Communication between Proctors and Testing Candidates is limited to type chat; Proctors can view and hear Testing Candidates, but Testing Candidates cannot view or hear Proctors (i.e., veil of neutrality).
- All testing session activity (i.e., chat log and audio/video feed) may be retained for a customizable period of time (e.g., Testing Candidate’s score contest period, usually 0, 30, 60, or 90 days).
- Our technologies do not use Flash; they are based on HTML5 and WebRTC, allowing Testing Candidates to use most operating systems (e.g., Apple Mac, Google Chrome, Linux, Microsoft Windows).
- PSI is integrated into the most common test drivers and allows the Client to use the driver of their choice, and own and manage their content without incurring publishing fees. (PSI has been using online testing drivers, both internal and 3rd party since 2008.)
- PSI provides several web-service end-points, including the ability to create eligibility in real-time as well as “get” results for completed exams. (PSI shares full API Documentation with Client for ease of integration.)
- The Compatibility Tool is part of the PSI website, and part of the scheduling process. During the scheduling process the Compatibility Tool will perform automatic system checks, show the Candidate the status of each check, and list actions that may be required if they do not meet any of the minimum requirements. Finally, the Candidate will need to accept the agreement that verifies he/she understands and has passed the compatibility check. In addition, the Candidate will have the ability to perform the compatibility check at any time, independent of the scheduling process, via a link on PSI’s website.
PSI Services LLC (PSI) has 70 years of experience providing worldwide testing solutions to corporations, federal and state government agencies, professional associations and certifying bodies. PSI offers a comprehensive solutions approach from test development to delivery to results processing, including pre-hire employment selection, managerial assessments, licensing and certification tests, license management services, and professional services. More information is available at www.psionline.com.